Saturday, June 21, 2014

Unit 6

The Loving-Kindness exercise on page 93 was a little difficults for me. No that I do not want people to be freed of suffering or for them to have health, happiness, and wholeness. But it's easier for me to listen to soemthing than read and try to remember a saying to the point I can relax and really concentrate on the effects of the phrase. I was having to re-read the phrase to remember it and so it took me a while to expand my mind and heart. I have always been a "lover" my mom says, I have always loved people and everything around me. So this phrase is very easy for me to wish apon people. I always see the best in people and wish everyon the best. The assessment on page 115 was easier to remember but after each step of the assessment I was having to go back to the pages to read the question that I was supposed to ask myself. I am not sure I learned anything new about myself but discovered that I need to work on spiritual side. I have known this for awhile but really felt it when I did this assessment. I am 33 years old and am starting a family with my husband. I want to search what I really believe in and what I can share with my husband and our future children. I believe I was unbias to this assessment. Some exercises I can do is open up my spiritual charkra by meditation and yoga practice. Studying up on differnt religions and figuring out which one relates to me the best or makes me feel the most passionate about it. I liked these exercises in that they are really good for the soul, but i like to listen to the exercises more than reading them. I am able to relax more and concentrate on my mind and body more. Good experience though!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I love the way you describe yourself as a
    "lover". That much be such a nice thing to hear from your mom. I find the text to be difficult to read in general. In general, am not that deep of a thinker. Great choice of area to work on. I can tell that it is important for you to leave a legacy in this area. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jessica,
    Great post (!) What does your husband think? The reason I ask is that I have been going through several exercises (mindfulness of breathing and loving-kindness) with my wife, and it has been a great experience...a little different than practicing alone. I like both, but have really enjoyed the added bonus of practicing with my spouse...anyway, good luck with searching around...it's amazing what is out there...
    Take care.
    -John Vondra.

    ReplyDelete